Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008!

It's not really a resolution, but in 2008 I plan to do 10 pages of Sister Wulfia Focka a month and 3 Miss Dynamite animated episodes.

Last Automn I had the opportunity to work on a TV series. This would have taken all of my time and put all my personnal projects on the ice. I didn't really want to do this, but at the same time the money was hard to refuse. But like the majority of TV shows, this project died in pre-prod. I made a pilot that I will perhaps show you later (although I signed a confidentiality agreement, so I'll have to check if I can) and the project isn't officialy dead. But skrew that, I can't put my projects on the ice in the hope of getting a contract I'll probably not get anyway.

So I'm back to my official plan, to work almost (or mostly) exclusively on Miss Dynamite and Sister Wulfia Focka. Fuck the rest. I'm not broke yet and I have the opportunity to work on what I want, so let's do it!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!!

I never knew you worked for a TV series. What was the name of the show? What was it about? Was it animated? Was it a Canada-only thing? What did you do for the show?

Good luck on your New Year resolutions. I know its hard to work on your own projects when most of your free time is sold to some company. It's basically working two jobs.

I hope to see loads more Miss Dynamite in 2008 and beyond!

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look forward to seeing the the fruits of your labor - the best of luck to you. I am surprised it's so hard to make ends meet, where you clearly have a gift for this sort O' thing... must be a competitive business.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Davidchu said...

Bonne et heureuse année !

I hope you will reach all your aims in 2008. especially the miss dynamite animated episodes (hé hé).

12:55 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

Rulakir, don't worry. I don't have trouble making ends meet. :-)

9:50 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

Tainted Ink, the whole story would deserve it's own post. So I'll write about that later.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well... now that u said about miss dynamite be ur personal project and etc... U should make it lucrative, like selling the manga online or make a hentai of it and sell online either something like that, cuz MD are rly cool, so peoples can make u rich o/

8:19 PM  
Blogger coolninja19 said...

You talk sirkowski
AND HAPPY YEARS

10:28 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

V2, I'm already selling a manga online.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home