Sunday, February 10, 2008

Chanology day report UPDATED with CTV news report

1st story on the CFCF 12 Montreal evening news, woohoo!

X-D
ctvnews
So I thought the estimates of 80+ people showing up were a bit too optimistic. At the peek of the even, 50+ protesters showed up. Considering the high winds and snow, I think that's amazing. The event started at noon and I left at 3pm. The street wasn't very busy later so there was no point of freezing outside. No a lot of V masks and that's probably a good thing. The were kinda freaking people out. There were a few people who asked me about my Lisa McPherson sign, what it was about. I explained it to them and they were very receptive. When you explain to people what Scientology is all about, most people don't need a lot of convincing to agree they're dangerous. My friend Kurt came to the protest around 1pm so I wasn't alone. But still, Anonymous is a friendly bunch to hang around with. I can't wait to hear about the other events around the world.

The following photographs were not taken by me, but I hope it's ok for me to upload them to my Flickr account.

Here's about a third of the protesters. The guy dressed in grey with a big camera and a pole, that's a Scientologist photographer.
Chanology Montreal

"Honk if you're against Scientology". That worked pretty well. But I think "Honk for anything" would have worked too. The guy with grey hair on the right. That's a Scientologist. I think his daily job is to distribute propaganda, but we were in his way.
Chanology Montreal

Scientologists trying to blow up our brains with their mental powers. They laughed at us a bit, but didn't tryin to provoke. I don't think any of them in Montreal have the rank or the authority to harrass skeptics.
Chanology Montreal

Fucking snow!
Chanology Montreal

Scientologist dude. Scientology costs so much money the guy can't buy a proper belt to hold his pants. Seriously, his pants were about to fall off when he was walking.
Chanology Montreal

Who's the guy with the two signs in the middle?
Chanology Montreal

The arms of the guy who made this "honk if you're against Scientology" were a bit tired. So this other guy held it for a while. I wonder who he is?
Chanology Montreal

Someone filmed this and posted it on YouTube. Scientology is going down.


If you have more media or if you were at a protest, comment about it. I'll post as much info as I can, but the quantity of information and media is just too much. The best sources for pics and clips for now is the SA forum and the Enturbulation post-game forum.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sirkowski said...

250 protesters in Sydney!
http://sydney.indymedia.org.au/story/anonymous-confronts-church-scientology

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NYC's protest was MASSIVE. Even the NYPD were on our side. The sudden blizzard didn't stop us!

Wish I could've gone, but I've got a damned cold. Glad to see you went!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

Ya, I saw the pics from New York. Holy fucking shit, barricades???

And Atlanta send in the SWAT (because they don't have riot police, as if they needed them in the first place)???
http://www.flickr.com/photos/anon_ymous/2256325096/

8:36 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

I sent an e-mail to reporter Stephane Giroux to thank him for his good work.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, we had the largest turnout, I think. Its beautiful :')

10:35 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

PedoBear on FOX, hahaha!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPxD5MpIsfw

12:20 AM  
Blogger Robin Edgar said...

Here's another photo from today's protest in Montreal that I found at this blog post about the protests around the world. The blogger obviously got a chuckle out of the picket sign slogan because they said that the Montreal protest was "Small, but brings the lolz."

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The protest in Manchester didn't go as well as planned, but mainly because most of the protesters couldn't find the right building.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

Seemed nice enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_FWakhg2pg

But on another note, I don't really get the point of spreading Internet memes in an IRL public event. "Oh let me tell you a joke you won't understand". Real funny. e_e

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm attemtping to find more info on Anonymous, but I'm running into alot of what I assume and HOPE is counter properganda. Some of the vids on you tube claiming to be anonymous are pretty scary :S Do you have any resources?

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home