Monday, September 11, 2006

Chew toy


Your rats need a chew toy? Try electrical wire.

All my wires accessible to the rats are protected.
The USB wire for my graphic tablet was not protected because the rats couldn't reach it. Or so I thought, until I caught Blackie chewing the wire while I was drawing. When I use my tablet, the wire falls just close enough to the ground for a rat to bite it. Luckily, she didn't chew the copper wires. It is now protected.

The wire in the photo was from my cable terminal, which I gave to the rats. Thus there was no damage to my eletrical appliances and no rat got electrocuted.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about use some rat poison or rat trap?

11:39 AM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

Nooooooooo! They're my pet rats! X-D

4:34 PM  
Blogger Sailor Scorpio said...

Wow, you trust your rats way more than I do. I put Fluffernutter and Marshmallow on the floor, and they want to go crawl under the couch.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

I let them walk in my office. If I shut the door they can't get out. They've escaped a few times when I forget to shut the door, but they always come back for food.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aren't u feared that they will hole the wall?
usualy it's what rats do...

4:48 AM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

With one hour of playtime outside the cage, they don't have enough time to gnaw a hole through the wall.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used to have mice.. They were definately as friendly as rats.. A mouse bit me.. thought it was my sister's mouse so I guess it was ok. lol.

We thought one escaped.. and we never saw it again.. if it did infact escape..

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the problem with rats and other gnawing is that if they escape and hide in home sometime you can't find them and when they dye home smell for months

1:04 PM  
Blogger www.Rataway.com said...

Rataway is a new product that will help you stop rats and mice from chewing etc.....
Please go to the web site www.Rataway.com and watch the videos. Rick suddes

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home