Friday, October 13, 2006

Eva and Blackie at the Vet

I brought Eva and Blackie to the vet today for an exam. A few weeks ago I found a lump under Eva's armpit and recently one on Blackie too. In the past few days Eva's lump turned to a purple color. Eva and Blackie will be getting surgery Friday of next week (I'll be dropping them at the clinic on Thursday) to remove what is most likely tumors. Tumors are frequent to female rats. Luckily, they are usualy benign, so they will not metastaze to vital organs. The color of Eva's lump is probably due to a bursted blood vessel. Nothing serious, but it could get infected if nothing is done. 250$ in total, including the exams. That's why I wanted male rats, because they get less tumors. But never trust a pet shop employee about your pet's sexes. :-p

People in the bus and subway didn't seem to freak too much this time at the sight of my rodents. I made a little portable cage to put them in when they get too much handle (it can get difficult keeping track of two rats hidding at different places in your clothes). I took them to McDonald's, after wrapping the cage in my hoody. It looked like a mighty suspicious package, especialy when it was moving. I gave them two french fries so they'd behave. I didn't give them a bite of my big mac, because that would be cannibalism... X-D


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, hope Eva and Blackie are ok by now. I hope they come back from the vet's all good as new soon!

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home