Friday, January 12, 2007

Trouble with advertizers?

Just as I thought I might be getting some revenues from the ads displayed on the site. I get this nice surprise in my inbox.
While reviewing your account, we noticed that you are currently displaying G**gle ads in a manner that is not compliant with our policies. For instance, we found violations of policies on pages such as (note from Sirk, I deleted the page)
As stated in our program policies, publishers are not permitted to place G**gle ads on pages with adult or mature content.
As a result, we have disabled ad serving to the site.
Your AdSense account remains active. Please note that we may disable your account if further violations are found in the future.
Blah! There was nothing adult displayed on the page, only a link that led to my adult site. And Mature Content is so subjective. It also says ads are disable, but as far as I can tell, they still seem to be working, so what gives??? Why this kind of stuff always happens to me? I've seen far more "risqué" websites than mine display G**gle ads. And of course, they don't offer any recourse or way to defend and explain myself.

Update: I'm not bending over for them. If they ban me, they ban me, end of story. I'll move to another service. That's it, that's all! The so-called "problem" was obviously found by a search bot. I've found people who have had similar problems and they were children charity websites. e_e

Update II: Ads have been suspended.

2 Comments:

Blogger midget samurai said...

content IS relative,
but penises with semen
flying everywhere is obviosly
for adults...

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, from what I'm seeing on this here blog I notice boobs right on the side of the page. That might just be labled as adult. Also, if you have any things with adult content in the name file than a bot would flag it for review by a person. But by what you said people have not been reviewing it and bots have been sending out e-mails.

Oh yea, if anyone's going to attempt to send blame then they must responsably give that person a means to exsplain themself.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home