Monday, August 07, 2006

Old anime episodes back on MissDynamite.com

Back when I started posting animations, I had the idea of uploading them only on Newgrounds. When the episodes were both on Newgrounds (NG) and on my site, I used to only get half the votes. But with the animations exclusively on NG, people were more likely to vote and get me a good score on the NG Portal.

Now I don't see why I still need to do that with the old episodes. And since bandwidth doesn't seem to be an issue for now, the Miss Dynamite episodes can be seen again on MissDynamite.com. Although *grin* with a big Google ad banner. At least there's no pop-ups like on NG and the money goes directly to me.

Now I haven't figured out what to do the next time I release a new episode. Do I still put it exclusively on NG and get a higher ranking, getting more hits on my site and perhaps more revenues. Or do I release it both on NG and my website, hoping I'm known enough on NG to do well without tricks and get more revenues from the banner fixed with a new episode.

I'm so bad at marketing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What reaper8436247 said.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems to be a question about fame or fourtune.
Or...how to balance them.

1:37 PM  
Blogger LuketheGoon said...

I think that your fans will go and vote for you anyway on NG so you don't have much to worry about on there anyway.. So I say release it at both places and tell the people who view it on your site to please rate it on NG as well..

11:13 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

It's true that I was pretty much unknown in those days.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home