Friday, April 06, 2007

A little roleplay

Let's say you're in the British Navy, patrolling the Persian Gulf in a tiny rubber boat, when suddenly big Iranian metal ship surround you with RPGs and heavy machine guns pointed at you. What do you do?
a) Nobody fucks with Ameri... uh, I mean, the Queen's Navy! Like a fucking Spartan, you open fire on those Persian fucks (even though you're not sure in whose waters you're standing), start an international incident that could lead to World War III and finally let one retarded president get his war with Iran. Tonite you dine hell, with a RPG rocket up your ass.
b) Lower you weapons, surrender and negociate a solution that won't worsen the situation further. Once you're freed, live to serve the Queen's Navy once more.

What would you do?

By the way, I'd like to tell a few cable new (pseudo) military experts to suck a bag of dicks. I dunno whose salad you had to toss to become an officer but to call these captured Brit sailors, and I quote, "stupid, disreputable and dispicable", you're one sick dumb fuck. I'm looking in your direction, MSNBC's Colonel Jack Jacobs.
Edit: Turns out Jacobs got some "severe head wounds" in Nam. Makes sense.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bear in mind, he works for MSNBC; one of the three news networks nore interested in ratings than good journalism. Personally, I get my news from "The Daily Show". At least they are honest about where they stand on things. And, the scary thing is, the reporting is fairer.

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, it was an engineered hostage crisis. Another Panama or Grenada in the making. Iran sent 'em packing as a "F-ck you!" to Dubya, clearly

12:43 AM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

John Derbyshire says he wished the British sailors had been killed... http://movies.crooksandliars.com/AlanColmesAmato-Derbyshire.mp3
WTF?!?!

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

British armed forces are trained to minimise the impact of operations both politically and socially.

Have you heard about the situation in Basra recently? I was talking to a serviceman just back from the region, the soldiers are walking around in their number twos (standard active uniform, no body armour) wearing berets and although they're armed, they only have sidearms which they've been ordered to keep holstered unless absolutely necessary.

In the nine monts he was over there, he was involved with only three explosions. In all three cases it was someone from outside the region and the army just cleared up the site and let people carry on as usual.

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack Jacobs is a coward and a hypocrite. His service record is quite pathetic. He ranks right up there with George... well they don't really rank... ah you get it.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a hard question. My rational side would choose solution b, my antisocial side would choose solution a.
Joking aside, I could see some people were salivating at the thought of attacking Iran. I would not be surprised if it happened should the British sailors have remained in Iran a little bit longer and were mistreated a lot more. I hope such situation does not happen again, even less with American soldiers. I can clearly see some 'rooms in Iran and I am not talking about the ones that give hallucinations.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh...

Competent decision-making not dicatated by chimpanzee-like pride and impulsive behavior not leading to a further souring of Middle Eastern relations...?

Tsk, tsk.

And here I was getting ready to enlist.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as a son of some one who is a Navel Officer in the merchant navy. I believe that I would choose B. As would my father. Unless he was in some sort of armoured crusier packing more weapons than a swiss army knife.
(I know merchant navy is not the same as regular navy. But the only differance is that the ships he sails on aren't suppose to engage in combat directly, only provide transport roles)

3:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

option b) and seriously contemplate converting to Islam if that will allow me to go home with most of my bits intact.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home