Friday, August 08, 2008

Selling Scientology

There's an interesting article in the Portland Mercury about Jeff Hawkins, the guy who marketed Scientology and made the Dianetics book a hit in the 80s.
A Former Scientologist Marketing Guru Turns Against the Church

"He wasn't even talking to me but he was saying, 'This thing that Hawkins has written is just a piece of trash,'" says Hawkins. "And he'd look at me and say, 'This guy's evil. See how he's looking at me?' And everyone was saying, 'Stop looking at him like that'—and I'm like, 'What the hell?'"
What the hell indeed. Jeff Hawkins has since left the church. The Mercury must have hit a nerve because the Scientos were quick to contact the journal and throw mud at Hawkins' character.

Funny detail, a map of Scientology's international headquarters.
"The Lake is used to throw staff in as punishment"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

place looks like a military base.
Hide the Celebritys and little boys! The Scientologists are mobilizing!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Captain Important said...

You know, from what I've been reading I get the impression that Scientology might be kind of crazy, even for a religon.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Mr. Woody said...

I have nothing to say.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home