Saturday, April 28, 2007

McCain/Sirkowski 2008

VJ Jetley alerted me that there was a John McCain political ad on the site. I've checked into how to block a particular advertizer and it's pretty complicated. Someone would need to copy the link properties and send it to me. I really doubt anyone is gonna take the time to do this (I wouldn't). In any case, if you don't use your web cursor to activate the link to the ad banner*, I won't be getting any money from 'McCain for Prez'.

But to nullify any good publicity he might have got on my website, McCain is a fucking wanker. Sure, he served his country and got tortured in Nam. But maybe the Presidency isn't the right place for someone who's still suffering from PTSD? And that ad banner in question. I imagine McCain is refering to the bill/motion/whatever by both houses of Congress that would force Bush to accept a withdrawal date for the troops before he can get any military funding. McCain thinks that Bush should get his money, no questions asked (that worked well so far, right?). How appropriate that McCain wasn't even present during the vote! If he thinks it's so important, where was he when had a chance to say 'nay'? (I think he was on the set of the Daily Show, making jokes about kicking puppies. No, seriously.)

*I'm deliberatly not using certain words to avoid an alert from the Gewgle Ad Bot.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, don't worry about it Sirk. I got a laserjet printer for my zines and I call it 'the rope' as in Marx's statement that the last Capitalist will "Sell us the rope with which we hang him." Don't aspire to extreme ideals, boast subverting anything as much as you oppose it.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

I'm not worried.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

From the archives of Buffalo Beast...

"Most Loathesome American in 2006"

John McCain


Charges:

The most consistently mischaracterized politician in the country, even McCain's most nakedly self-serving machinations are universally hailed as the bold moves of an independent maverick who really, really, like, cares, man. By virtue of his five-year stay at the Hanoi Hilton and a completely ineffectual campaign finance reform bill (which was itself only PR damage control for his long-forgotten role in the Keating Five), McCain has so successfully snowed America the he could go around kicking puppies all day and he'd be applauded for his authenticity. In reality, McCain is as phony as slimeballs come, having reversed his positions on Roe v. Wade, Bush's tax cuts, the gay marriage amendment and Jerry Falwell in the last year alone, while the mainstream press looked away and whistled nonchalantly. Keeps changing the number of additional troops he thinks should be sent to Iraq, in hopes of extending the disaster beyond the next presidential election, so his decorated veteran status will still be relevant.

Exhibit A:
"I hated the gooks, and I will hate them for as long as I live."

Sentence:
Back to the bamboo cage.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm from Arizona, and I have to say that John McCain is probably the worst thing that ever happened to us- even the die-hard Republicans are saying they'll vote Dem against him if he makes the race, unless he's running against Hilary. Kinda sad that we all hate him that much and would vote for him over her, isn't it?

9:22 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Petition? I didn't know politicians were aware of www.petitiononline.com. =P

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that guy is like a penis on pope, Useless!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home