Thursday, May 17, 2007

Meet our new guests!

DSCF0008DSCF0016DSCF0003More photos here.
One is white with red eyes and a brown patch on his nose with big testicules. The other is all beige with big testicules as well. In case you didn't know, male rats have HUGE balls. I don't exactly appreciate the feeling of their nutsack while they're sitting on my hand, but oh well... X-D I picked the beige one because he seemed more curious than scared either. The white one was sleeping, but he doesn't seem too scared. They peed a lot less on me than Eva and Blackie did when I first got them. The white one even seemed to like sitting on my shoulder less than an hour after leaving the pet shop. If they live long enough, they look like they're gonna be two cool guys. The beige might be the alpha male, but it's too soon to tell. Eva seemed like a dominant female when I got her but it turned out to be Blackie.

They don't have any names yet, so I'm open to suggestions. :-D No names with P sounds. Ps hurt little rat ears.

Update: So far, suggestions of Eli (Elian Gonzales, the beige) and Ratzi (Pope Ratzinger, the white) sound pretty good.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always imagined naming a pair of pets I'd get later in life after major world cities like Stockholm or Shanghai or something or other.

'Course, it might not be a good thing for one of the little guys' esteem to be named "Baghdad"...

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "Jerry" and "Falwell" ?

3:14 PM  
Blogger Billy* said...

Their names should be themed after their balls =D They should have the last name of Sack and you could name them something like Harry and Big.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What about Sodom and Gomorrah ?

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one should be called Steak and the other should be named Satan

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Fester Gomez Addams:)
Or you could call them laurel and hardy.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romulus and Remus ??
Devine and RuPaul ??
Cock and Bite ??
Betty and Veronica ??
Ratko Mladic and Slobodan Milosevic ?

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are some names I suggested for a friend who'd just gotten some hamsters:

Prince Wolfgang Mannfred von Goethe
Der Uberbaumstaumvenfuhrer
Derek
Toothpick
Graf Orlok
Pellet
Mr Giggles
X
Keyring
Spinal Cord
Lawnmower

When it comes right down to it, I'm a bad person.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im thinking of getting some rats my self.
as a long time rat owner what would you sugest (like cages and stuff like that)

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to "meet" your new guess! :)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

Hey Ghanie, long time no see! :-)
La P'tite Place existe-t-elle encore?

Lurkingevil, get a big cage. Sometimes big bird cages can be less expensive. I used to have a little bird cage. When it got too small, I bought a big hamster cage for 80$ and put the old bird cage on top of it. Then, I found the exact same fucking cage in the trash. :-p So I put it under the new cage, making it a 4 feet tall cage, with 7 levels. But you don't have to go that crazy.
You can IM me for more info.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Sailor Scorpio said...

Aww, they're adorable. Hehe, I'm amused by how rodents have large nuts in proportion to the rest of their bodies.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

call them ghandi and khan

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home