Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Bitch, the Lesbian and the Comrad

Damn, I completly forgot about this series. :p I guess since it's been published in french in the MensuHell fanzine, it felt like I was done with it. There's about 40 pages left to be translated in english. The good news (for me) is that all the pages are already scanned.

Frankly, I'll admit this is far from my best work. The dialogues are way too lengthy, the art is botched and at 78 pages it's way too long for nothing. I think I started to work on this episode in 97 or 98. It was sort of prescient of me to involve the Talibans in the story before almost anyone knew who they were. The problem is it wasn't published or online until after 9/11. So it feels a bit dated. And it's only some two years ago that I finished the job after leaving it unfinished for years. By then my visual and narrative style had changed quite a bit. Parts of it, I don't even know what they're about. I guess I smoked a bit more in these days... :p It's also supposed to be an hommage to Corto Maltese by Huge Pratt, I guess.

I've added 3 new pages. I'll add more later. If you need a recap, uh... IIRC Eva is trying to take control of lost nuclear missiles in Siberia to get a ransom from the USA. Eva takes some acid by accident and ends up in 1917 during the October Revolution in Petrograd (St-Petersburg).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah ! il y avait longtemps que j'attendais la suite de cette histoire !
J'espère que tu vas la continuer !

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stalin, the conscience of Eva?! That is beautiful. Although I would think the inverse might be true as well(I know. She is a fictional character and he lived to scare the West and a sizable section of the Soviet Union).

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhh ya whatever..hehehe im a kid ur site suck lol

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see it continued.
A homage to the Great Italian, eh?
Hardly anyone under 40 seems to have heard about him these days. (At least in Norway, where that generation either think of Comics as Disney or Asterix...)

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is cool! :)

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see that you finaly added new pages to this sirk. nice work :)

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home