Friday, March 14, 2008

The Cutting Floor


Because of how much time animation takes, anything that is cut from my movies is so before animating. So packing boxes (I'm moving in April) I found some sketches under a pile of paper. They were from Miss Dynamite 22: Who's Your Baghdaddy? It made me laugh so I thought I'd share. This one is an alternate ending. It's pretty funny, but it was probably too much animation. The American guard at Gitmo is flushing down pages of a book in the toilet, taunting a prisoner who is Eva. "How you like me throwing your Coran in the toilet?" Eva: First of all, I'm no Muslim. Second, it's a Bible you're flushing down!" I just love the last panel with the guard, his arms elbow deep in the toilet, "Sorry Jesus!"
Edit: I just remembered this joke was changed to use the Bible in the intro gag, with the terrorist stomping it. That's why it was changed (which is better I think).

This other one I found, I understand why I didn't use it. In this early version, Eva was a "security contractor" (mercenary) working alongside the US Marines. A dying soldier wish, told to Eva, was to find little Jon Bonet's murderer. As the sketch suggests, the joke is a bit outdated. And who the hell remember who that is anyway?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

It is out dated, you should have used Natalee Holloway from Aruba.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

That's not much better.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Bible gag. The JonBenét Ramsey was only so-so, though.

I just watched all your anime again today. They rock. It's amazing how much your animation improved from the beginning. Wow.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home