Friday, December 04, 2009

Faster, Dynamite! Kill! Kill! p.12


To read from the start.

The litteral translation of the chinese would be "stupid ghost face" (unless my Hong Kong contact pwned me). Ghost Face is an old racist slur used in Hong Kong toward Europeans. I have no idea if it's still in use today, but I had to press my translator to give me a Chinese racist slur as she felt it was highly innapropriate. XD But I wrote 'stupid foreigner' instead because I didn't want to fill the bottom of the page with text. Just a nice little easter egg.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of the rarer racials slurs out there are pretty hilarious. I know in some places on the East Coast they call blacks "moon-crickets." I've heard half a dozen different explanations of its meaning, but it's pretty funny.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Trace.Reading said...

Nothing confuses people more, however, than to tell them that they're suffering from a case of macrocephalophallia.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Ariel said...

lol, I've gotta buy this.
(and you don't have to fill the whole page with translation notes, I read a manga with all the translation notes in the back of the book :P)
Oh, and I might get on Animal Crossing today, like an hour or so.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Ariel said...

or maybe like ten minutes idk

1:40 PM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

Fuck, I was out.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home