Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hong Kong

When I made Faster, Dynamite! Kill! Kill! a few years ago, I didn't feel like drawing a panoramic shot of Hong Kong. Too many fucking buildings. So I just slapped a tourist photograph I found with Google on the panel. Who cares, it's not like this was ever going to get published, right? ...wrong :-p So since it's getting published in french by 400 Coups, can't steal stuff from the Internets like Todd Goldman. I added a little plane for good measure. Eva and Blackie sure fly a lot.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your drawn version better than the photo. It fits in better. Plus that plane is awesome.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New Hong Kong looks pretty sweet, and I applaud you for not going down the 'Oh sod it, no one'll notice' route.

^_^

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, the drawn version fits better. Never liked it when photos are used as part of a comics or manga.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Sirkowski said...

Yeah, I didn't like it much either. But at the time I wasn't sure how to draw the city quickly.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home